REPORTING TO: Centre Manager
PAY SCALE: Maximum CTC Salary: R 500 000 p.a.
CLOSING DATE: 17 February 2020
Duration: 3 Year Contract, subject to successful completion of 6 (Six) months’ probation period and renewable based on satisfactory performance.
Main Purpose of the Job: The main purpose of this position is to provide technology and enterprise development support to TuksNovation’s clients. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the management and coordination of the marketing, events and public relations functions of TuksNovation. The candidate is to provide the full range of services to the incubator in collaboration and consultation with the Centre Manager.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Relevant 3-year Degree
• At least 5 years’ experience in a technology development, business incubation and commercialisation environment
• Proven record of technology and enterprise development as well as business incubation and acceleration
• Networking acumen
• Driver’s license.
• A relevant Master’s degree, e.g. MBA, will be advantageous.
Key Performance Areas:
• Develop and monitor roadmap plans for technology, commercialisation and venture growth
• Assist clients in developing product strategies and business models
• Commercialise new technologies across a range of sectors
• Oversee mentorship programme
• Conduct periodic market reviews and industry profiling
• Build strong links with industry and government to secure funding and partnerships
• Assist with funding proposal writing
• Strategic marketing planning
• Publicity and external communication
• Events planning and management
• Website and social media management
• Writing, editing and proof reading of articles for media releases
Preferred Knowledge and Skills: The candidate must have a proven knowledge of innovation processes, technology development, IP management and start-up business models, commercialisation and growth (preferably across a range of sectors, include ICT).
Critical Competencies and Skills:
• Excellent networking, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability and sophistication to interact with internal stakeholders, business, media and other external stakeholders
• Good presentation and appearance to corporate and external clients / partners
• Ability to meet demanding targets within tight deadlines
• Organising ability
• Capability of writing technical and business documents concisely and persuasively
• Ability to handle confidential information. Additional Competencies: Analytical
• Presentation skills.
The appointee will be required to sign an employment contract and an
annual performance agreement.
To apply for this position, interested applicants are required to complete an online application form and upload a comprehensive CV together with a one-page covering letter stating reasons for being the candidate of choice.
Tuksnovation reserves the right not to make an appointment, if you did not receive any response within two months of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. Regrettably, correspondence will only be with the interviewed candidates.
Please complete the application form here: https://forms.gle/WP5tCacVQwr17tPKA
Closing date: 17 February 2020